Frankey's Sports Bar is a one of a kind, high-end farm-to-fork concept, which is a part of the Adena Foods family of brands and products. What make us unique is that we raise our own grass fed cattle, poultry, etc. on our very own 95,000 acre farm in Ocala Florida. Unlike our competitors, we have established something unique. This position is for a person who can execute management duties with a sense of passion, urgency, and excellence, while also championing our company's values.
Provides overall guest service for patrons in the dining room.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrives to the table within two minutes after the guests have been seated.
- Takes the drink order.
- Suggests wine by the glass or attempts to up-sell liquor and beer.
- Presents specials i.e. soup of the day, fish of the day, etc. strongly suggesting to the customer to try the specials.
- Takes orders CAREFULLY.
- Enters the order into the computer with special attention to detail regarding specificity of food and drink orders as well as the timing and sequence of serving.
- Checks back within two minutes once the entrée has been served to make certain that the customer is satisfied with his/her meal.
- Observes if there is a problem and corrects it accordingly.
- Clears the table as soon as everyone is done.
- Offers dessert, coffee or after dinner drinks.
- Asks the customers if they would like anything else and if not, ask if they are ready for the cheque.
- ALWAYS thank the guests at the close of the dining experience.
- Assists in proper closing of the dining room as directed by the manager on duty.
- Be advised of any ongoing food and drink specials as well as general knowledge of Gulfstream Park property and Guest Services Resources in order to respond to guest inquiries to the best of their ability.
- Be advised of week-to-week work schedule and any changes made according to business needs.
- Follow the directives of all department SOPs and policies regarding uniforms, communication, and work duties.
- Provides excellent customer service to guests, fellow staff members, etc.
- Responsible for carrying out all duties with safety as a priority.
- A high school diploma is required.
- 1-3 years of previous experience preferred.
- Strong food/wine and liquor knowledge preferred.
- Must have excellent organizational, interpersonal and administrative skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse angry situations and collect accurate information in order to resolve conflicts.
- Requires the ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Must be 21 years of age.